Dining Out, City Eateries in Glasgow
Declared by the London-based Harden’s guide as ’the most complete restaurant scene outside of London’ Glasgow offers a premium dining experience for visitors of every taste and budget, with hundreds of restaurant’s ranging from Thai to Mexican, Eastern European to traditional Scottish.
Most restaurant’s feature traditional Scottish foods in their menu, however the range in cuisine is nothing short of exceptional. For the adventurous type, the unique ‘Dragon-I’ restaurant (Hope Street) offers a range of Chinese delicacies you are unlikely to find in restaurant’s of a similar theme, while the La Bonne Auberge in (West Nile Street) offers an equally delightful menu of French and Mediterranean Cuisine.
Those looking for something more traditional, The Butterfly and the Pig (Bath Street), while boasting a rather eccentric décor, provides guest with a mixture of affordable British and Scottish dishes. Similarly the Award winning 78 St Vincent (St. Vincent Street) uses the very best of traditional Scottish produce, served with style and flair, while the breathtaking Oshi hotel (Dundas place/ Park Inn Hotel), allows diners to admire its stunning waterfalls, while tucking-in to mixture of Scottish and Asian Cuisine.
- Dragon-I, 311-313 Hope Street (0141) 332-7728
- Bar MC, 129 Bath Street (0141) 572-6002
- The Butterfly and the Pig, 153 Bath Street (0141) 221-7711
- Ole Sole Mio, 34-36 Bath Street (0141) 331 1397
- Oshi 2, Port Dundas Place (0141) 333-5702
- Cha Restaurant, 84 Miller Street (0141) 572-1331
- Café India, 29 Albion Street. Merchant City (0141) 552-5155